The other day it was sunny and 54 degrees here in Minnesota. I was itching to get out in the garden. But it's way to early for that. So I decided I would take a slip from my geranium that was looking like Jack's Beanstalk. At least doing that I would get my hands in dirt. Here is a before look.
Look how tall that new growth is.
Here is what it looked like afterwards. It's still big.
After cutting off the top part, I planted it in another pot. I added some crushed up egg shells to the dirt. I had read that gives the soil some rich protein. We'll see if that helps get the new plant rooted. So far it's looking good. Here's what it looks like.
I've taken cuttings from plants before but never any this big. I have a few ivy plants growing that I took cuttings from my window boxes last fall. They look pretty good so hopefully they survive and I can plant them in the window boxes this spring.
Later that day I walked into the room where my geranium is and noticed it's shadow on the wall. I just had to capture that.
Linking to Sunlit Sunday at My Little Home and Garden Stop over and see what's going on and enjoy some sunshine.
I hope you are all having a good weekend!
Until next time,
Barb
PS. I've added a new way for you to follow after Google Friend Connect goes away. It's called Linky Followers and I've put it on my sidebar. I hope you continue to follow along.







0 komentar:
Posting Komentar