advertisement
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Sabtu, 19 Januari 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel

I was up before the sun on Thursday as I had an appointment with a sleep study doctor 90 miles away and had to be there by 9:30  There was only a few minutes you could see the sunrise as the clouds took over.  You can see by the foreground that we have had thawing weather as there's not much snow left on the plowed field.  That is changing as I write this.  We are headed for below zero weather, but not a lot of snow.



I was very happy with this doctor as he explained a lot of what my two sleep studies showed.  And it's complicated.  I have complex sleep apnea, which mean obstructive and central.  Obstructive is the air ways collapsing during sleep. Central means that you brain doesn't tell you to breath.  On top of that I have extremely restless legs which move 74 times an hour!  That's more than once a minute! With the combination of these 3 things I have  19 arousal's per hour.  It's no wonder I've been tired.  He is going to have me take another sleep study using a bi-pap machine rather than the c-pap.  The bi-pap will take care of both kinds of apnea where the c-cap only works on the obstructive.  He also gave me some medication for the restless legs.  After the sleep study I will get a bi-pap and that should take care of most of the sleep problems.

I also had a pulmonary function test and that showed I have asthma.  Therefore the shortness of breath.  I now have an inhaler with medicine to help with that.  I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel with my health problems!  At least most of the answers.

I'm linking this to Sunlit Sunday, Season 2, Week 3 over at My Little Home and Garden.

Thanks for stopping by and have a Sunny Sunday!

Barb

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

Twitter Facebook Google Plus Instagram RSS Feed Email
Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Label

Recent Posts

game online

Text Widget

Pages

traveling

Copyright © Barb’s This and That | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com